Monday, February 22, 2010

Cartoons Out of Nowhere!

Wasn't Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island" great? What, you didn't see it? Get thee to a theater now!
This one ran on February 2nd, 2010. I really like doing conceptual cartoons like this one; strips that really play with the medium and have fun. Drawing the strip was pure joy, and I knew at the time I was doing something special.

By the way, for you "No Exit Nearby" fanatics out there, many of the characters in the background have appeared in the strip before in minor roles. There are some obscure ones in there, so you better keep the NEN Wikipedia article ready.
February 4th, 2010. I think you can tell on which days I just want to draw monsters. This was one of them. For those curious, the three monsters in panel two are: an ant from Them!, James Arness as the Thing from Another World, and the fly from the original 1958 version of The Fly.
February 10th, 2010. I think this is the third time I've drawn an Avatar related strip, which, considering how much fucking money this thing has made, is warranted. The idea of using Avatar to pimp incredibly dangerous Toyota cars rather than fixing them struck me as very amusing. I'm surprised it didn't happen.

Also, that second panel kinda sweet. Oh James Cameron, you've made me believe in blue cat people.

No comments:

Post a Comment