Friday, April 2, 2010

New Quarter, New 'Toons

Spring quarter has begun at the University of Washington, and that means new cartoons just for you!
March 29th, 2010. I think this one speaks for itself pretty well. And yes, that is the 1958 version of "The Fly" in the last panel.


April 1st, 2010. This one has a pretty long story. Earlier this week my editor informed me that she had pushed up an upcoming deadline, leaving me no time to do an elaborate cartoon that I wanted to do. So I frantically tried to think of easy, "cheater" cartoons that I could do instead (no joke, I once did a cartoon with just Jim and Jillian's eyes). Then I realized I had done a bunch of cartoons over Spring Break for my own amusement, and the above cartoon seemed the most fitting to run.

Because of this fairly rushed process, I left in the name, Stephanie Kaye, which is a reference to the study body president character from "Degrassi Junior High." Normally such an obscure reference wouldn't make it into an official strip (I probably would have used Patty Murray instead), but it just sort of happened this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment